Donate Online! Click here.
Why Give to Beth Israel Deaconness Hospital-Milton?
The Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Milton Development Fund, made possible through generous philanthropic support, enables BID-Milton to provide high quality, community-based healthcare with compassion, dignity and respect.
With the current state of healthcare economics in Massachusetts, most hospitals are challenged to raise funds for expanding and enhancing programs to keep pace with community needs. BID-Milton is no different. The two greatest challenges the hospital faces are the financial burdens caused by insurance reimbursements that do not cover the cost of care, and our commitment to providing "free care" to those who are uninsured or underinsured. As such, resources are dedicated to the most immediate needs. Philanthropic support is critical to our ability to expand and enhance programming to keep pace with advancements in patient care.
Members of the Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Milton Philanthropy Committee, chaired by BID-Milton Board of Directors member and Milton resident Donald Greene, are responsible for furthering the fund's mission of raising philanthropic support for the hospital. They are members of the community fully vested in the charitable mission of Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Milton who call on you to support health care in our community.
In recent years, philanthropy has helped defer the costs of such programs as: our Rapid Cardiac Transfer program, a clinically-affiliated program with Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center; Picture Archiving Communications System (PACS) which enables radiologists to store, send and receive x-rays and other digital images electronically; a 16-slice CT scanner, which produces faster and clearer diagnostic images; and a computer-aided detection system for mammography.
Your donations do more than simply build an addition, or help to purchase a new piece of equipment. They preserve the legacy of accessible healthcare for the next generation.
Ways of Giving to Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Milton
There are many ways for you to financially support BID-Milton and make a real difference for community healthcare right in your own neighborhood. Donations are possible through a number of different approaches, some of which offer distinct tax advantages and are designed to fit your own lifestyle.
• Tribute Giving can be accomplished by making a gift in memory of a loved one or by making a gift in honor of a medical staff member who was particularly helpful. Gifts can also celebrate an important event like a wedding anniversary, birth or graduation.
• Annual Fund Donations help sustain the hospital's progress for advancing patient care, new technology, and the future of community healthcare services. One-time donations are the most traditional method of giving. Flexible giving plans such as a three year pledge allow you to make a donation while spreading the payments and tax benefits over a longer period.
• Planned Giving is a way to remember Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Milton in your estate planning, to increase your own lifetime income, and to realize special tax advantages that should be reviewed with competent tax counsel. Outlined in a brochure that can be downloaded by clicking here and in a summary chart that can be downloaded by clicking here, BID-Milton's Seth C. Crocker, MD Legacy Society recognizes a variety of planned giving methods including charitable gift annuities, charitable trusts, as well as bequests.
• Donations of Securities such as stocks and bonds provide additional capital gains tax savings that should be reviewed with competent tax counsel.
• Naming Opportunities are available for essential rooms and facilities throughout the hospital. This giving method allows the donor to make a lasting tribute or memorial to a special person and helps support excellent community healthcare. View a complete list of Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Milton naming opportunities.
How to Give to Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Milton
Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Milton is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit institution, and as such depends on the generous financial support of our donors and former patients. Donations may be made online or by check payable to Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Milton Development Fund and mailed to:
Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Milton Development Office
199 Reedsdale Road
Milton, MA 02186.
With questions, or to make a donation by phone, please call (617) 313-1194, fax (617) 313-1574, or email Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Milton.