My Life, My Health – Diabetes Prevention and Management Edition
BID-Milton and the South Shore YMCA invite you to join a FREE 6-week workshop for those living with or caring for someone with diabetes or pre-diabetes to learn skills to prevent, manage and cope with the disease.
- DATE: Fridays, beginning June 7th - July19th (skipping July 5th)
- TIME: 10 AM - 12:30 PM
- PLACE: Nangeroni Education Center at BID-Milton
- COST: FREE, pre-registration required, call 617-313-1557.
Tai Chi for Health
Tai Chi is a gentle, flowing progression of intentional, connected movements practiced as a form. In this course you will learn the first eight movements of the Wu Style short form of Tai Chi. Emphasis will be on the fundamental principles of Tai Chi, including relaxed and mindful movement, proper structural alignment, and breath awareness. Tai Chi is suitable for people of all ages and in all stages of fitness. Recent medical research indicates that Tai Chi can improve many aspects of health, including: balance, musculoskeletal strength and flexibility, cardio-respiratory function, cognitive function, immune function, and emotional well-being. Ron Marcotte is a certified instructor in Wu Style Tai Chi and has more than 35 years experience teaching Tai Chi and chi gong (qigong).
- DATE: Tuesdays, June 11 - September 24
- TIME: 7-8 PM
- PLACE: Nangeroni Education Center
- COST:$132 for the initial 11-week session (June-July-August) payable to Ron Marcotte on the night of the first class. Four September classes are optional at $12 per class. Pre-registration required. Call 617-696-8810 to register.
BID-Milton reserves the right to cancel or reschedule any of our Community Education programs. The Public Relations office will attempt to notify pre-registered participants of any rescheduled or canceled program.