At Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital–Milton, we’re committed to improving the health and well-being of residents within our Community Benefits Service Area (CBSA). Through our Community Benefits Department, we work in collaboration with the area's key residents and community health stakeholders to address the health needs and priorities identified by this assessment.
Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital–Milton's Community Benefits Service Area includes: Milton, Quincy and Randolph.
Led by the Community Benefits Advisory Committee (CBAC), we strive to address the most pressing health needs in each community based on the most recent Community Health Needs Assessment.
Community Health Needs Assessment Guiding Principles
- Equity: Work toward the systemic, fair and just treatment of all people; engage cohorts most impacted by COVID-19
- Collaboration: Leverage resources to achieve greater impact by working with community residents and organizations
- Engagement: Intentionally reach out to, and interact with, often overlooked populations, including, but not limited to, people impacted by trauma, people with disabilities, communities most impacted by inequities, and others
- Capacity Building: Build community cohesion and capacity by co-leading Community Listening sessions and training residents on facilitation
- Intentionality: Be deliberate in our engagement and our request and use of data and information; be purposeful and work collaboratively to identify and leverage resources for maximum benefit
- Older adults
- Racially, ethnically, and linguistically diverse populations
- Low resource populations
- Individuals with disabilities
Community Health Grants
To address these priority needs, Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital–Milton awards grants to community organizations that work to address unmet health needs for their priority cohorts. For more information or to receive a grant application, contact Laureane Marquez, Manager, Community Benefits, Community Relations Manager.
The Community Resource Guide was developed to highlight health and social service resources available to the community. As a disclaimer, the listings within this guide are designed as informational and are not to be interpreted as recommendations or endorsements.
Community Health Needs Assessment Reports and Implementation Strategies
- 2022 Community Health Needs Assessment
- 2023-2025 Implementation Strategy
- 2019 Community Health Needs Assessment
- 2016 Community Health Needs Assessment
- 2017-2019 Implementation Strategy
To learn more about the CHNA findings, visit the BILH Community Commitment page.
To learn more about how Beth Israel Deaconess–Milton is working with our communities to address the leading health issues, visit our Community Benefits Reports:
- 2021 Attorney General Community Benefits Report
- 2020 Attorney General Community Benefits Report
- 2019 Attorney General Community Benefits Report
Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital–Milton welcomes any comments you may have on our most recently conducted CHNA and implementation strategy. Please submit your comments by email or mail them to Laureane Marquez, Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital–Milton, 199 Reedsdale Road, Milton, MA 02186.
Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital–Milton is an active neighbor in the communities we serve. For questions on our community benefits programs or community relations activities, please contact Laureane Marquez.
Visit Beth Israel Lahey Health’s website to learn more about how we are improving health equity across the communities we serve.